NEW: Customs, Quest System, Stat System

• NEW: Customs, Quest System, Stat System

For those of you who are just making it back to the Chubbs circuit, or if you’ve been living under a rock the past couple of months, there have been a few new things introduced and we’re making them all official. First order of business:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

_=So wake me when it's through
    I don't want to feel the things that you do
    Don't worry, I'll be fine
    I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_

You heard right, we’ve finally introduced custom characters. Anyone who previously held a canon character as of December 2nd, 2007, is more than welcome to keep them. However, you are no longer allowed to switch to a different canon character and we no longer allow new joiners to become a canon character. So anyone that was not currently occupied has now become an official NPC of the Chubbs Universe.

A great benefit, and one that everyone will like, is that since you’re the only one who can have your canon or custom, you don’t need to worry about losing your character due to inactivity.

The period in which we allowed a free custom switch has expired, and the official penalty for switching is now 20 TP. That’s right, not -25 to every stat, but 20 Training Points, or taking away stats that are equivalent to 20 Training Points (see below for the new stat changes).

Should you get a little homesick for your old canon, you’re allowed to switch back, but only to that canon. For example, if I was Bardock and switched to the custom Joe Blow, I could only switch back to Bardock. He would always be open because no one else is allowed to take him but me. And, of course, you can switch to however many different customs you like (within reason) so long as you pay the penalty.

There is a template form available for new joiners in the Joining Forum. Older members may choose to start fresh with completely new stats, whether canon or custom.

Click here for the link regarding the introduction of customs. Official rules will be made available shortly. Until then, any questions may be asked in the proper forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tired of role-playing for no reason and no rewards? Tired of the lame quest format that never gets updated? Fear no more! We’ve eliminated the old system and put in its place something a little more user-friendly. Now, members can create their own quests, whether solo or group. Just write up a quest, put a minimum of five posts into it if it’s solo, three post per person if it’s group, announce your completion in the Quest Grading thread in the Updates forum and a staff member will determine your reward (limited to TP and zeni only). Keep your quest in one thread and only one person needs to ask for the update. For the role-players who struggle at thinking up ideas, staff provided quest templates will still be available for those who ask.

Click here for the link regarding the introduction of the new quests system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whoa kids, this is the big one. We’ve completely scrapped the old stat system and put in a brand spankin’ new one. Gone are the mental stats that affect training: no more Determination to crank your TP gain, no more Intelligence to earn Best Moves, and no more useless Luck that (wtf?) increases weekly zeni. Instead, you start off with five (count ’em, five) Best Moves, and additional slots for personal techniques are bought with 10 TP. We’ve also condensed all those stats down into six unique and compact little words: Strength, Constitution, Agility, Insight, Technique, and Willpower. “Ki” is now known as “Powerlevel,” changed in name only.

With Determination gone, we leveled the playing field. Everyone gets 5 TP and 250 zeni a week, with an additional 1 TP for Weighted Clothing, Headquarters, and Gravity Room HQ Upgrade each. While that doesn’t sound like a lot, this system is geared more towards activity. The new quest system ought to help bolstering your weekly gains. The more you role-play, the more you get.

So, while you don’t have to worry about losing your character due to inactivity, the downside is, the less you role-play, the more you get left in the dust.

Everyone here is required to convert, because all your base are belong to us. So if you’re just getting back to us after an extended leave, you’re going to need to get your stats in gear. Everything you need to know about the specifics of the changes and the conversion formula is going to be right here in the NEW Stats Changes thread in The Legendary Asylum forum. The initial math might be a little difficult for some, but we promise weekly training will be easier.

If you want to start out with fresh stats, you’re more than welcome to do so. You get 600 points to distribute however you want, but no stat can be higher than 150.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]