Pinned [KoAII][1-2] How To Play

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [KoAII][1-2] How To Play

How to Play

You will be paired up randomly with one other person, given a scenario of ranging topics, a goal, and further information that will help you on your way. You will have 5 days to PM me your roleplays. DO NOT POST THEM OR YOU MAY BE DISQUALIFIED. DQ is bad, bad bad bad! =o

Judging will begin as soon as all entries are received, so tourneys may be posted before the 5 day deadline. Entries will be reviewed by two other non-participating judges, with me as a tiebreaker, in case of the likelihood of that event. There will be no bias on votes, and judging is done by tallying points of the following measures:

(out of 100 possible points)

-Ability to stick to topic (30)
      -Originality (30)
      -Dialog (10)
      -Clear narration (10)
      -Spelling (10)
      -Grammar (10)

The point is to score as many points as possible to win the round and move on. There will be 3 rounds, so that’s a possible 300 points (Not including bonuses) each round, with a grand total of 900 points (Again, not including bonuses), which is all accumulated with each round. In the event that there is a tie after the 3th round, bonus points will be used to determine a winner, or if its too close to be called, a Sudden Death will be enacted between the two highest scoring participants.

[SIZE=2]Vad: Found my dicks btw
      Vad: *DISCS
      Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
      Kaz: oh man
      Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
      Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
      Kaz: XD XD XD
      Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA[/SIZE]

It's still an elimination tournament. Points are just another word for grades, an indicator of how to decide the winners of tournaments. Winners are deduced per match, with the lowest grade being eliminated.

I would say the third round is when they would matter the most, that's when it would be more difficult to decide winners and such.

Well, yea, they matter for grading, but other then that, it sounds like they're pointless.

Let's say my opponent no-shows and I get a grade of 1. But I go into the next rounds with perfect scores. I'll still win despite fucking up in the first round.

If that's the case, then you'd be graded for what you submitted.

My point is, I would still win the tournament regardless of my performance in Round 1. I might win Round 1 by a score of 1 to 0, but I still won. So I can go into the second and third round and blow everyone away and win.

The points only work for that specific round, which is why I feel like you saying "a grand total" is misleading, because only two people will get far enough to have a grand total