Pinned Some Important Changes (Updated 6/7)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Some Important Changes (Updated 6/7)

Firstly, as several of you have already noticed, Ander is no longer a member of the CDBZ Staff. He voluntarily stepped down from both the position of Administrator and staff as a whole. While I am posting this to make sure it is widely known, I'm not going to speak for him. If he wishes to elaborate on his reasons for the decision, he is free to do so at his own discretion.

Regardless, I, both personally and officially, want to give my sincere thanks for the time he took from his life to make such valuable contributions to this RPG. His judgment, input, and opinions were invaluable in shaping the current form of the Chubbs.

Secondly, I'd like to officially welcome Sophia onto the Chubbs staff as a Moderator. Ander and I decided to extend this invitation once Kill Town had been concluded, but with Ander's stepping down, I decided to move it up a little bit.

Thirdly, and finally, Ashe will be stepping back into the position of Administrator. Whether this will be permanent or not is a question Ashe can answer better than me. Regardless, his assistance is greatly appreciated.

April 3rd Update:

Right on the heels of these staff changes, we've made some significant changes to travel, as well.

1) Traveling costs are paid upon landing on a planet.
      2) Landing fees have been standardized at 300 zeni.
      3) Only the seven "main" planets of Chubbs have an associated landing cost.
      4) People are free to RP leaving a planet and having adventures in space.
      5) Travel from one main planet to another has been reduced to 2 days.

Along with these changes, we'll also be replacing the "Outer Space" forum for those who wish to RP any threads in the vastness of space, or on some new planet created for their purposes.

The other thing to mention is the activity monitor located within each person's postbit. It's new and shiny and just helps the staff get an idea of a person's activity within the last six weeks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if someone is on Earth, then flies off to an uncharted planet for a quest, then returns to Earth, there would be no landing fee associated.

April 16th Update: Orion has also been added to the staff!

"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
      the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
      "

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vad ().

Welcome to the team Soph. Congrats Ashe.

Gonna miss ya Ander, but thanks for all the work you've put in. Thanks a bunch for running DA last year as well.

EDIT: My brain wasn't working...I decided to elaborate.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.[/FONT]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vad ().

Hahahaha... yeah, didn't realize how that sounded. Ander doesn't have any intention of leaving the RPG, from the conversations I've had with him. Just staff.

"

Congratulations to Ashe and Sophia. You both definitely deserve your place.

I am sorry that you are stepping down, Ander. You were an important member of staff and your contributions will be sincerely missed. But I am sure you have a very good reason for your decision.

I hope you will continue to roleplay and I especially hope you will decide to run a saga if you ever find the time to do so again. You did a spectacular job in DA and I hope to see you in that role again. Best of luck to you.

Sage wrote:

Holy shit. The knives and everything.

Congrats to Soph, you've been around forever and put in the effort and dedication. You deserve it. As for Ander, you were great at what you did, DA was a big success and you were constantly one of the most most reliable and helpful staffers on the site. Thank you for putting in so much of your personal time for as long as you did into making sure the site ran smoothly for the rest of us. Now go and enjoy the leisurely life!

Wait, what?

Oh god dammit.

I thought I shed myself of these shackles long ago, but alas...

---

On a serious note, while I have no illusions that I will hold the position as well as I feel Ander has, I will do what I can.

In more important news, welcome Sophia.

Ander's not staff anymore?...

Damn. I don't even think I wanna rp anymore. My entire foundation of life has just been shifted. I feel like a kid who found out he was adopted at the age of 18, that my real parents are actually kryptonians and my reason here is for a greater purpose...damn, man. This is some shit I could just run into a cornfield and accidentally learn how to fly over...

But seriously, Ander you did the damn thing. You are an admin, I could tell it from the day you shot down those foreigns and spoke perfect spanish doing it in a respectful maner. Its sad to see you go but I hope it's only because thing in life are getting better and busier.

Sophia, congrats on the promotion. I still hate you for sharing the same government as me. lol

Right on the heels of these staff changes, we've made some significant changes to travel, as well.

1) Traveling costs are paid upon landing on a planet.
      2) Landing fees have been standardized at 300 zeni.
      3) Only the seven "main" planets of Chubbs have an associated landing cost.
      4) People are free to RP leaving a planet and having adventures in space.
      5) Travel from one main planet to another has been reduced to 2 days.

Along with these changes, we'll also be replacing the "Outer Space" forum for those who wish to RP any threads in the vastness of space, or on some new planet created for their purposes.

The other thing to mention is the activity monitor located within each person's postbit. It's new and shiny and just helps the staff get an idea of a person's activity within the last six weeks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if someone is on Earth, then flies off to an uncharted planet for a quest, then returns to Earth, there would be no landing fee associated.

"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaden ().