Pinned The Rumors Are True!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Rumors Are True!

Yes!

It's finally here! The ability to create an alternate character and link him/her to your main account. As you've probably noticed we have some beta testers currently running alternate characters at the moment. How do you get one of these you ask?

You simply create a new account under the new character name and apply like any other new joinee. There will be a public listing in the roster section which I will post ASAP that lists what alternate is who. This new feature does come with stipulations though. They are listed below.

• Alternate Characters and Main Characters owned by the same person cannot interact. At all.
      • Switching your alternate characters receives the total reset package. Meaning you are set back to 500 instead of halved.

Each alternate will get their own training and roster page so you'll operate just like you do on your main account.

Now. The forums have a nifty way of switching between your accounts without having to logout and in. When you join as your new character that account will be linked to your main and you'll be able to quick switch via your username in the upper right hand corner of the forum. Image below for reference.

If you any questions feel free to post them! =D

UPDATE: With the removal of CA anyone can create an alternate character at any time. Follow the correct procedure and the staff will get you set up.

With love,

Lord Vader.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.[/FONT]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vad ().

• The Rumors Are True!

Why can't they interact? I could see that coming into play if someone had two high-powered characters and wanted to use them to bum-rush the competition in sagas, but I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to interact whatsoever. I'm just curious as to what the potential issue would be if a really bored and antisocial writer chose to use his two characters to spearhead a singular storyline.
    • The Rumors Are True!

I have kinda the same issue as Piper mentioned. They are two tottally different entities, so what is the reason for not having the interaction? What happens if both characters have a dragonball? Say one of your characters is DB searching and the other just has a beef with a character who has a DB? Can he not kill the player just because that would force him into interaction later on because both characters will have DBs?

This may seem a farfetched example and I would agree that it is, however, it is still a negative point against the issue and I can't seem to find a positive point for the issue >.>

Unless you did it so a player wouldn't join up to the same saga with both characters, which I agree wouldn't be a good idea because it will probably get too be too much for the player and you would like to avoid the hassel altogether. However, if that is why this is being implemented, wouldn't it be better to just say that? Like, "Yo, both your characters can't join the same saga."

Edit: Actually, I just realised why it wouldn't be cool. It only took me a few moments of plotting, scheming, or brainstorming if you would to see how it could easily be troublesome. XD

I'd like to note that I will probably not ever dual character, I have enough trouble staying active with one, but I like playing devil's advocate. XD

Ashe wrote:

Attention all - SHUT UP BEFORE I SUCK THE FART OUT OF YOUR ASSHOLES.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carter ().

• The Rumors Are True!

Piper Juunanagou wrote:

Why can't they interact? I could see that coming into play if someone had two high-powered characters and wanted to use them to bum-rush the competition in sagas, but I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to interact whatsoever. I'm just curious as to what the potential issue would be if a really bored and antisocial writer chose to use his two characters to spearhead a singular storyline.

^This. I think that stipulations that they are not to interact is a bit over the edge, maybe that they can't be used to gain an advantage would be a bit better.

[SIZE=2]Vad: Found my dicks btw
      Vad: *DISCS
      Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
      Kaz: oh man
      Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
      Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
      Kaz: XD XD XD
      Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA[/SIZE]

• The Rumors Are True!

Just think about it for a second. I started planning my healer character and then thought, holy shit I could make this alt the counterpart to Carter and would be unstoppable. Oh wait... everyone will devise plans for powerful teams.... Hey wait, that means that if you don't have an alt you will be at a disadvantage. Oh right, I get it. It's an extra two abilities for your main character which will change the whole game. IE: If you don't have an alt, your screwed.

And don't try to tell me that people wouldn't utulize this, because I would. And the last thing we need is someone with Victoria's activity to own a power tripping duo of destruction.

Ashe wrote:

• The Rumors Are True!

It really couldn't be avoided... Both characters have two abilities... if they are together then you the player have use of all four. It's that simple. These aren't npc's that have no value in a fight.

Edit: Unless we could chose to treat one or the other as an npc when other players are involved, but then again, what would be the point in having dual characters then? It makes sense to ban them from interaction. It does suck though, cause I'm sure alot of people would love to really flesh out a side role. Just, unavoidable.

Ashe wrote:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carter ().

• The Rumors Are True!

Jayd wrote:

When we make these dual characters, do we need join samples?

Negative. If you've actively roleplayed in the past you don't need a sample.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.[/FONT]
    • The Rumors Are True!

Right, cause I'm the only one that envisioned battling side by side with my dual characters? I'm sorry, you all know that the only reason the rule was made was for the issue I brought up. Even though a majority of us are not noobs and would not abuse the dualing of characters it really doesn't matter. Most people wouldn't have sex with children, that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a law against it. C'mon people.

I wouldn't mind something along the lines of what Victoria said, however, as it stands this is just a badass addition however it is worked. Good work staff.

*Goes off to plot and plan*

Ashe wrote:

• The Rumors Are True!

Piper Juunanagou wrote:

Why can't they interact? I could see that coming into play if someone had two high-powered characters and wanted to use them to bum-rush the competition in sagas or fights or something competitive in nature, but I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to interact whatsoever. I'm just curious as to what the potential issue would be if a really bored and antisocial writer chose to use his two characters to spearhead a singular storyline.

I imagined that saga could be construed to mean anything competitive (like fights or dragonball hunts). I apologize that I didn't include anything competitive in nature in my original post. I still don't know why they can't have picnics together or go to the mall.