Dragon BallZ

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dragon BallZ

After starting watching DBZ with Kenny, because he hasn't really ever watched it, I already noticed something confusing...

And figure I will randomly address things that make me wonder...

Raditz in Episode 2 tells Goku that 3 years before planet Vegeta was "struck by an asteroid".

In the Bardock movie, not long before PLanet Vegeta is destroyed, he passes his baby son and feels it iwith the psychic curse.

Vegeta(at the end of the same Bardock movie) the character, at something that... might be teenage years... perhaps(if not younger then 13) is told that his planet was destroyed as well.

And DragonBall has Goku being at a set age of 16, 18 or 21... I'd have to watch to remember.

So explain this? lol

Reb: ya know
      Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
      Reb: but I have to hand it to you
      Reb: you've become a really great writer
    • Dragon BallZ

There are some pretty nutty continuity issues. I sometimes pretend that the measurement of an earth year is different for other planets and/or systems. A year here can be like, a month somewhere else, which might help explain why Vegeta appears young in one portion of a flashback just before or during their journey, and it would only be short time for them since Goku was launched off into space to do whatever for earth. Goku grew according to Earth time, while the others live on other measurements of time.

Man alone measures time.
      Man alone chimes the hour.
      And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear no other creature endures.
      A fear of time running out.
      ― Mitch Albom, The Time Keeper
    • Dragon BallZ

Hmmm For Rad, the question of explanation was how Bardock could pass by his son who was on the way to earth as a small baby, not even a year old. Yet in DBZ Ep2, Raditz says it was 3 years ago and Goku is 16-21+

Also for age and time travel sake, remember that in the Namek Saga Goku does get there in under a 'year'.

I realize that there are flaws, and I'm not complaining about them, or anything, but I found it pretty interesting.

I mentioned Vegeta because in the series where Vegeta explains the death of his people, Vegeta is so old wbefore and after when KV and his men try to rebel and get his son back.

And there is a similar scene in the Bardock movie, which is practically the same scene as in the series, when Freiza destroys the planet.

• Dragon BallZ

Blue wrote:

In addition to what they said, I'd just like to point out that the movies aren't actually considered to be part of the official DBZ timeline.

Err, Fine... Take Namek/Frieza Saga(When Vegeta is about to die and opens up to Goku) and what Raditz said. The time is still off. Lol.

I realize that there will be inconsistencies in it, but this is where to discuss them.

Remember I'm the one that mentioned RDB was like the anti-Spirit bomb, and Roshi go the credit for it =P(Never letting it get lived down)

• Dragon BallZ

Vegetan Years are different than Earth Years?

It's just a movie playing fast and loose with the continuity in order to tell a one-off story?

Mal Nova wrote:

I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
    • Dragon BallZ

@ Meer Not even worrying about the Movie, as I said. When Vegeta first dies, it points it out.... And 3 years ago?

Kakorot managed to get from Vegeta's baby rocket ship to earth in under 3 years.( Even mention in Freiza Saga I think) Rad says Veg was destroyed by comment 3 years ago...

The whole planet 'year idea COULD be right...But that would mean that Vegeta years= 1 for every 7 earth years... This is actually pretty possible...

I'll keep an eye out on it.

But Rad also says... 1 year... meaning earth time.... Soyeah?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mal Nova ().

• Dragon BallZ

Since this is the closest thing I can see that is related to the topic, does anyone know when the new movie will be s/dubbed? I know Battle of the Gods is out in Japan and there are already english written reviews on it but I'm sitting here like, "howdafuqyouseeit?"
    • Dragon BallZ

Just keep looking, I'm sure there's a cam version out on the internet and subbers are scrambling to translate it. Since it's a whole movie it likely won't be overnight, but given the popularity I doubt it'll take long.

I might go see it in the cinema today >=D

Kayne wrote:

She felt his fingers digging into her still-moist hair, tilting her head to look at him. “I eat Cheetos in the dark,” he said breathily.
    • Dragon BallZ

There's actually too much promotional merchandise for the film right now. I'm sure you've all already seen the super saiyan fries and deep fried dragon balls the convenience stores are selling. I got a CC capsule with a majin stamp on it, which I then proceeded to stamp my own head with. This isn't actually my picture (mine won't upload on this shitty connection) but they're also selling Special Beam Cannon-Os among other things, which I found hilarious. I'm eating some right now and they taste ...! Like shit.

Kayne wrote:

She felt his fingers digging into her still-moist hair, tilting her head to look at him. “I eat Cheetos in the dark,” he said breathily.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rose ().